Friday, January 24, 2020

Incident Report

When she was rather young, my sister changed the lives of eight other people. She threw a rock at a little boy. Same little boy returned fire. Hers missed, his did not! I am not certain if the wound was visible, but her loud wailing as she raced into the house convinced our dad that the “unwarranted attack” had damaged her badly. 

New residents in the neighborhood, we had not yet met any of our neighbors, but lil’ sis knew exactly where the varmint lived! Daddy took her by the hand, marched out the backdoor and crossed the alley to the pink house on the corner behind us. When confronted by his mother, the somber young man admitted to the heinous act. In a shaky explanation, he explained that she tossed the rock to him, so he sent it back.

Two parents, embarrassed by their offspring, reintroduced themselves trying not to laugh. My knowledge is vague about  the rest of the first encounter that led to a special friendship between two families.

I will share more experiences that still make me giggle another day, but my parents divorced several years later, we moved and lost touch. Now lil sis has been in touch with all three of the boys, visited in person with her antagonist and tracked down his two siblings. She has planned a lunch reunion next week and ordered my appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment