Saturday, January 18, 2020

Evolving

My chosen word for 2020 is “learn”. At this time it is not going as planned. I have learned that plans change. Coveted skills may not be the ones necessary for me. I have been reading a couple of Bible studies on gifts and fruits of the spirit. This morning I awoke to a dreary fog filled view through my kitchen window, never a good sign in my day.

Pondering the gifts given to me by my creator, to be used to spread “goodness”, I pretty much came up empty. I easily find the “fruits” in my daily life. They are the direct correlation between faith and gratitude. “Gifts” are more elusive for my aging brain. I do not claim the commonly known gifts of song or prophecy or speaking in tongues. Confusion ensued and muddled my thoughts until a friend, offered an observation of gifts she sees in me, but suggested that it isn’t necessary to identify my gifts. I learned that answers aren’t always evident, but moreover, not always necessary!

With that thought, I looked up and saw bright sunshine in a beautiful blue sky from that same kitchen window! I am learning...and I didn’t enroll in a single class!

No comments:

Post a Comment