Sunday, January 5, 2020

Purity

A purchase of an iron stunned my instincts recently. The instructions advised that “never, ever should distilled” water be used in my expensive new steam producing, raise itself, hot iron. Visions of an iron loaded with impure water collecting filth to spew out on my new white (always a white one) shirt, when the steam function was activated! I was confused and discussed at length with dancing girl. Of course she suggested we research and get to the bottom, before accepting blindly, of this newfound theory!

Our research revealed that water traveling across metal will either deposit minerals on the surface or extract minerals from within the metals. Over time, fissures in the surface will cause cracking and lead to leaks if the pure water is pulling from the lining meant to contain it. Revelation! Now we understand why her iron, having never been exposed to tap water but “pampered with pure distilled water”, has now sprung a growing leak!

My morning musings have now applied the rather trivial observation above, to my inner thoughts about a belief system guided by my faith. To prevent the spitting or spewing that might occur if tap water is overly hard, I read that good quality bottled “drinking” water should be used. In other words absolute puritanical thoughts may generate more harm than good for my spirit. Let me decant that, allowing air to infuse this thought to lighten its impact. 

I will not avoid those with whom I do not agree philosophically. If bad behavior is offensive to me, I will not adapt to it by joining in the action, but love the actor. Jesus came to save the world from SIN, not from sinners! This world does not require that I am distilled. I need a few minerals to smooth my abrasive spirit and nurture my path!

No comments:

Post a Comment