Sunday, February 2, 2020

Signal

When a wife expects something from her mate, it often comes as a simple request in person, by phone or text. For years I Iamented that Ol’ Abner was very astute when reading my needs, rather his version of my needs. I wished for better light in a dim room and came home to find a large window ready for installation. He had sledge hammered his way through the outer wall and let in the light.  A few months later he brought in a giant projection TV that only that wall would hold, so the lovely window was behind a closed drape with 78” screen in front of it. I was planning a super bowl party! Thereafter, I learned to carefully state my wish.  He generally managed to make it happen anyway.

Our son seems to have adapted to the little signals with a rapid response. I was sitting in his office one afternoon. His phone dinged and he glanced down with a laugh saying “gotta go now”. The simple photo on the screen showed steam being released from the Insta-pot. He understood her message. Dinner was ready! He shut down his work and left for home!

No comments:

Post a Comment