Tuesday, April 9, 2013

On and On and...

How did I ever find time to work for pay.  My days get away all too quickly with mundane tasks, errands and keeping up with family and friends.  A smaller home hasn't really lessened the time required for up keep...in fact, lack of storage complicates many activities.

As I work on final plans for several upcoming trips, Ol' Abner is continuing to deal with health maintenance projects.  Today he had to go in for several tests, none pleasant. My plan was to accompany him and we would do some shopping along the way.  Oxygen delivery is today and someone must be home for that critical arrival.  I need to make a run to the bank and get some fresh produce, but it will have to be worked around the bottles of oxygen for restocking the garage rack.

We did pick out some granite yesterday.  We found a slab of one we both loved and they seemed to have plenty for our needs.  Now it's up to the installer to pick it up and cut to fit.  I picked out a new sink to fit underneath.  It would be nice to have an apron style sink, but that's a whole different battle.  Some things are just better when settled.

Grandchildren's and son's birthdays will be celebrated early, because everyone's schedule is crazy these days.  Friends from Tuscon bypassed us and went straight to the mountain.  Do we really sound that crazy?  Other friends will be here from time to time as they attempt to get a second home purchased in our little town.  In the meantime, the manly garage should begin taking shape in the next couple of weeks...or perhaps, months.  I am anxious to plan some landscaping, but for now I'll be silent on that issue.  My compost bin hasn't finished making new dirt anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment