Monday, May 26, 2014

Rain!

I'm not much of a rainy day lover.  If I have to get out in rain, I tend to shiver and dread. Today, not so much.  I ventured out to the grocery store this morning with my umbrella raised to keep the raindrops off my head.  I purchased a few days supply of nutrition, and of course, a few treats.  As I returned I texted Daughter and she came out to the car to help me unload. Luckily the rain had slowed so we weren't drenched bringing in my purchases.  Yes, the Texas drought has given me a different outlook about water falling from the sky.  It is welcome and celebrated.  Still, my favorite thing to do in rainy weather is curl up with a good book.  I have several loaded on my kindle right now.  One is about two thirds finished and I have a good mystery almost finished. An inspirational insight is coming through as I read a delightful biography.  I think I'll indulge in finishing the mystery from under a blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment