Saturday, June 7, 2014

Daisy is Driving

Driving in traffic, driving long distances, driving in inclement weather, driving with a carload of noisy kids has never bothered me much.  I like to drive and I love to travel the "roads less traveled" or any road I haven't traveled before.  The spontaneous turn on a never noticed road fills me with delicious anticipation. That said, I'm tired of driving. There is something to be said for always having a designated driver if I choose to take the path of imbibing.  Ol' Abner gave up alcohol many years ago when the consequences of diabetes took all the joy out of that little buzz. He took over the "designated driver" role then.  I love having the ability to enjoy the views as we cruise the countryside, sometimes demanding a stop for a better look at the scene through a camera lens. It's been just under a month since he received his fresh new lung. He's breathing well and so far has suffered few of the predicted complications. It's not surprising, he is always a very compliant patient. Driving is not an option for 8-10 weeks post transplant. That means Daisy Mae will continue to chauffeur him about the town.  I'm ready for someone to drive Daisy around and about so I can just gaze at the views of the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment