Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Where to Go!

Everyone is traveling this month!  Everyone except me, that is!  I should probably be satisfied with short journeys around hill country and sprints through the capitol city we love so much.  While the views from these distractions are nice, the travel bug hasn't been squashed for me.  Hope to make a road trip to the West coast is slowly shrinking.  July is completely full with commitments and August just confirmed as full.  September was planned as a trip to the Ozarks and I still hope that will bear fruit.  All the teasers in my e-mail for bottom dollar flights and cruises for only a few dollars, are reminding me how precious my time may be.  Ol' Abner is sometimes interested when I show him the information, but seldom is he willing to follow through when the deadline arrives.

Medical tests and procedures seem to usurp more and more of our time.  We are learning the joys of aging!  I will enjoy a trip to San Antonio next week with Dancing Girl.  Her daughter is moving to Seattle and must be there following the upcoming weekend.  Because we really wanted to enjoy her company this holiday weekend, it was an easy choice to volunteer to supervise the movers loading her family's belongings.  Dancing Girl offered, and I offered to accompany her.  We promised ourselves a few days of eating out and drinking in!  I fear the sight of her daughter's empty house may bring reality crashing in.  We will need to hurry back to the peace and quiet of the lake to relieve newfound stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment