Sunday, May 26, 2013

Travelogue from Canada

The Parliament Building
Victoria is the capitol of British Columbia
I'm traveling with delight!  My collection of state capitols is growing.  The views are spectacular, the food is wonderful and the people are so very friendly.  Two friends and I flew into Seattle last week.  Gardener Gal from Dogpatch and her sis-in-law have been visiting with Gardener Gal's son and his family. They  welcomed me into their home and I have fallen in love with all of them.





The famous Empress Hotel
We didn't have time for High Tea
 The morning after our arrival, we traveled to downtown Seattle in early morning traffic.  I was counting my blessings that our driver was familiar with the city streets and highways.  Hopping aboard the Victoria Clipper just in time to sail off into the morning mist, we enjoyed a bit of breakfast at sea.
Craigdarroch Castle
Fascinating!

This was the main reason for MY trip
Our three days in Canada were filled with fun views and activities.  Traveling with two youngsters gave me an exciting perspective on places and  sights.  Beautiful trees became a part of fairytale fantasies and adventures of imagination.  Who knew it would be so much fun to return to the hotel after a day in brisk spring weather and journey downstairs to the beautiful indoor/outdoor pool for an evening splash.
After a busy day of sightseeing we're
 back to take in the view from the balcony!

Oh, the flowers, views of beautiful landscapes were constant candy for my eyes.  The island apparently has a perfect soil and climate for the blooming things I love so much.  The Butchart Gardens are the crown jewel of a landscape in full bloom.  I hear it showcases seasonal flowers yearround.  Now I need to plan at least four more visits (oh yes, they have "five" seasons there).

No comments:

Post a Comment