Monday, May 13, 2013

On the Road Again!

I awoke at 3:20AM and sleep would not return.  Never one to hug the mattress when other options are available, I got out of bed to finish preparation for my drive to the Ozarks.  It's about a twelve hour ride to my destination in Dogpatch.  A good night of rest is always nice beforehand.  Maybe the five or so hours I snoozed was all my body needed.  Perhaps I am just so excited about my upcoming trip or anxious to see friends I've missed.  At any rate, sleep is done and I'm about to load my stuff and hit the highway in a couple of hours.

A couple of friends will join me for a flight out of the Arkansas capitol on Thursday.  We will land later the same day in Seattle, a place I've never been.  Why wouldn't I be excited.  A couple of nights on Victoria Island will fall in the middle of the stay, and with family of my friends living in the area, we should enjoy lots of local flavor.  I hear they have a number of interesting excursions on our agenda.

For now, I will bid farewell to Texas and look forward to my return with brand new tales to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment