Thursday, May 9, 2013

Showtime

My neighbor had passes for a movie and free beverage.  When she offered to share, I chipped in for lunch and drove.  She usually prefers to leave her pampered vehicle in the garage and mine lives outside anyway.  I'm glad she's back from a two month long visit to another state.  This has been our first outing since she returned and I told her how much I had missed her presence across the street.  I think we may need to resume our daily exercise reminder affiliation in order to avoid stress in our lives.  Yes, that would be a good idea.  Yesterday was refreshing.

After a stroll through the mall on a window shopping trek, we cruised up the road to a sandwich place and shared a light lunch.  At the mega plus grocery store next door with a little time to kill, we wandered through the store and tasted samples of food and wine.  At the Movie and Eatery theater we picked up our complimentary drink (an Icee) at the concession counter and proceeded to settle into our seats in an empty theater just as the previews began.  Sitting in the center of the room we brazenly propped our feet on the rail in front and chattered during the previews and ads.  We loved the hilarious movie, laughing out loud and making snide comments at some of the antics. In fact, we had the place to ourselves, quite a change from my opening day trip with daughter and her family last week.  We were six people filling half a row in a full theater watching Ironman3 action.  Neighbor and I were solitary viewers watching The Big Wedding.  As we left, we stopped to ask if we could return next week for another "private showing" of the new release.

For today, I may need to return to the world of responsible behavior (at least for a day)  The pantry and fridge  must be restocked after my hiatus from cooking.  A grocery trip for more than tasting and strolling must happen now, but perhaps a call to my friend for a little work out would make the day go more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment