Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rock

My kitchen and bathrooms are adorned with lovely stone counter tops now!  The worker bee arrived just before nine yesterday and by the time the house was empty, my counters were not!  The granite is a similar color to the old formica and we didn't have to replace the back splash.  I didn't wage the war for the hammered copper apron sink.  The deep 70/30 undermount stainless sink actually works quite well at 10% of the cost of of the dream sink. Perhaps, someday!  I'm happy with the new look and so glad I don't have to deal with scratchable, burnable, plastic sounding counter tops any longer.

Butterfly Verde Granite
The view above doesn't really show the colors in the granite, but the overall effect of shiny stone counters can be seen.  I am a little disappointed that the photo doesn't look that different from the realtor's photo of the kitchen when we were buying the house.  I know the difference.

Pieces of the same rock have been cut and installed in the bathrooms.  It looks totally different in each of those rooms.  Ol' Abner will get the framing back on the mirrors today and I can begin my next campaign.  I need to reface all these oak cabinets from yesteryear.


No comments:

Post a Comment