Thursday, February 13, 2020

Proper Preparation

It is pre-dawn at the beginning of a busy winter day. Yesterday, I arrived home late and went to bed early. Early awakening  is the result. My mind spins with the tasks before me and I prepare with my fresh cup of caffeine. It is trash day so I will be sure the bins are deposited at the street side as I leave.

I must arrive early at my office to respond to an inquiry from a state agency, prepare documents for another state agency's certification, check with my bank about delayed paperwork on a vehicle, and leave the office by ten to attend a class to sharpen another skill. Yes, my plan this year is to "learn".

I am learning that I am truly blessed with my good health. Even as I uncover unbelievable shortfalls in some, others circle around and prop me up with encouragement and assistance. I see friends and family suffering from serious health and emotional crisis and offer up fervent prayers for their healing. In the artificially lighted morning, reality is dawning. I shall make my list and check it twice. My presence will be fully active in the present moments, they are a gift from God! I will not fret over yesterday, nor will I concern myself for tomorrow.

I look forward to the predicted sunshine to light my way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment