Saturday, June 28, 2014

We can see it from here!

As Ol' Abner recovers from his surgery, I am looking to the near future.  I refused to cancel summer and autumn plans just in case he might be too ill to enjoy them.  It was a good decision.  As we move into July, August looks like a good time to escape from the Bayou City and return to life as usual...well, as usual as it will ever be again.  We missed a family reunion and a fiftieth anniversary party in June, but those sacrifices were understood and lauded. We will use the month of July to prepare our house in the hill country for life with a suppressed immune system.  That means removing all carpet and replacing with a solid surface flooring. The house has had only occasional occupancy for the last three months, so I'm pretty sure the dust bunnies have taken up residence. Fun events planned for August and September look like we can enjoy full participation. I may need to get home and gather my quilting supplies soon.  A quilting retreat is on the calendar and I already have the pattern.  My fingers are itching.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment