Tuesday, April 29, 2014

And the Green Grass Grows

Today in the big city near the coast, we worry not about yard and lawn work, opting instead to rent a living space with all that maintenance provided.  In the summer heat, I'm sure we will be grateful for those workers mowing and trimming and planting pretties.  Today I mourn the lost chance to be making things bloom myself.  I'm thinking of starting a little herb garden out on the tiny patio.  When the urge to cook hits, those will come in handy.  I may have to find some citrus mulch though to discourage critters from taking advantage of soft rich soil.  That will probably be the extent of possible horticulture events for me.

This morning, our neighbor texted two photos from the back side of the playhouse.  The grass has come in beautifully and created a verdant carpet behind the rocks. Oh yes, we do have green grass growing...I'm counting on my friends to watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment