Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Dog Days

Today is the day!  As soon as an overnight packet arrives from the transplant co-ordinator, we will back out of the driveway and begin the journey to the future.  Last night we established the dog in her new home at son's house.  Daughter in law listened intently as we instructed her in the use of medication for said animal.  We changed veterinarians a couple of weeks ago, and the new one is very close to their house.  Leaving our beloved pet is probably the most difficult part of this transition.  She is now eleven and a half years old, and like us, her age is showing.  With support of family and friends, we will weather this storm and return stronger!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth.. I hear you! Leaving my "dogters" was so hard. I think one of the hardest things I have ever done in life. They just don't understand what is going on. They have to wait, day in and day out, for their mommy to come home. They have been through it all with my many hospitalizations in the past, but this is new for them. At least, in the past, my hubby would come home with my scent on him every night from his visit to the hospital. This time, we are too far apart so he can only visit me once a month. I am sure they are wondering where their mommy is as this is his first visit since I left. I miss them so much. I can Skype them, but it's not the same thing and they aren't really sure what to think when they hear my voice but I don't show up in the room. I hope you get to see your "fur baby" soon! I am so happy for your journey. It will all be worth it, I just keep saying it over and over again! XO See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete