Saturday, April 5, 2014

No Play for the Playhouse...Yet!

It's been a wild few months of spring, but the bluebonnets are out and I am a reaffirmed Texan. Still too cool to plant summer blooming flowers, I postponed filling the flower beds held in place by retaining walls of natural stone in front of the playhouse.  I vowed to plant my blooms as soon as I returned from Central America mid-March.  

Instead I returned in time to spend another week in the medical center as Ol' Abner was tested, poked, prodded and aggravated.  The result was acceptance into the frightening world of those awaiting an organ transplant.  We received the call on April Fool's day, but no jokes were in order.  

The playhouse is finished and ready.  Shelving has been installed and most of Ol' Abner's toys have found their new home quite accommodating.  He won't have a chance to play for a few more months though.  
It's already filled with toys!
We still have space in the yard
 for planting or swimming...

We have great neighbors and son has promised to come get some of the toys and play with them from time to time. Our friends will keep a close eye on the homeplace and he is very anxious to return sans oxygen.  Some of his "dirty jobs" must be relegated to history.  His immune system will be repressed to prevent rejection of his new lung.  I guess I'll just have to learn to enjoy the "dirty jobs"!

No comments:

Post a Comment