Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Tree...it's a start!

I prefer to be completely over Autumn before I begin my Christmas decorating.  The first full weekend in December is usually the time I start pulling out the Yuletide festive items.  It took me awhile but I found many of them in the attic...and some I have not found yet!  
From the Attic
I spent the better part of two days first staring at this batch of boxed decorations, then unloading a few at a time.  My first goal was to get the already erected Christmas Tree decorated.  Every one of these totes had to be opened and unloaded before I found my hand carved ornaments from the years we were in the Ozarks.













So here they are, and if I was more adept at blogging and arranging my photos and posts these views would not be so strung out on the page.  Maybe one day I will master this, but for now the tree is up and the ornaments are on it along with other handmade decorations from the last few years.  Now what to do with the remainder of the contents of all those totes.  

I still haven't found the items used in my new mantle decor purchased last year.  It was rather expensive and my plan was to use it for many years.  First, I must discover it's hiding place. It may be time to go over to the off site storage facility and begin moving those boxes around.
It's up and decorated!
Maybe not, It's cold out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment