Monday, December 23, 2013

Festive

Finally it is done!  Every gift has been purchased, wrapped and now resides under the Christmas Tree!  It's been a year when the "perfect gift" didn't jump out for anyone on my list.  I bought a few things at the Nutcracker Market in Houston, unsure if I would give them as Christmas gifts or simply pass along to the intended recipient.  A couple of those items are included in as a part of the Christmas bounty, one sits in the bag to be delivered tomorrow, and others were presented immediately.

I miss my big basement...the dining room table has been the holiday work area this year. A reminder that the ironing board was the right height for gift wrapping helped a little. Still, collections to be wrapped have remained stacked on the table for the last week, along with ribbon, wrapping paper and trims.  As I clear the table and move the ironing board back to its hanger in the laundry room, I vow to slim down my ribbon collection.  Well, that really means I won't buy any more ribbon this year.  
Can you tell which one is properly assembled?


There are times my ribbon collection is handy.
Some fun little containers purchased at Nutcracker Market were perfect to package several tiny gifts together for a nice ensemble.  I tinkered with the boxes all week in an attempt to figure out the mechanics of closing them.  Little tabs appeared to have purpose and slots seemed to be the right shape to receive them, but try as I might, the maneuver escaped me.  As I assembled the third one, an accidental fold, and voila it all became clear!  This project is now complete.
The time has come to prepare my table for it's intended purpose.  I'll start cooking tomorrow morning...but for now, I think I'll sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment