Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wishing for Snapshots!

For several years I have kept my camera with me at all times.  Since the purchase of that first digital camera, snapping photos at every opportunity has been the norm.  My motto...photograph  constantly and a something will be worth saving.  Taking a picture with instant review is a delight.  Since the move to Texas that pattern has changed.  Certainly we do not lack for beautiful vistas or good times that should be captured on film. I've just found it easier to travel light these days.  My phone includes a decent camera to record those fun moments with friends or a quick shot of a pretty building or artifact.  I even managed to record a part of the Elvis tribute show last week.  I know what I'm seeing and hearing, but the entertainment value isn't quite the same.

After several busy weeks, Ol' Abner and I are enjoying a lazy weekend with no actual plans or commitments.  We drove into Austin and when the road was a little congested, bailed off to another freeway and circled around a different way.  I love that about Austin highways.  If one is crowded, take an exit and grab an alternate route.  In the process, we circled the city's center twice and encountered some spectacular views of the downtown skyline from multiple angles.  A camera phone just doesn't do to capture a skyline view from the window of a moving car along the freeway! In present day, the capitol building is dwarfed by larger buildings but somehow dominates the view.  We were enjoying our ride so much that we never did reach Ol' Abner's original destination, but who wants to wander around a big sporting goods mecca when the sun is shining and the roads are open.

Next time he wants to cruise, I'll take my camera for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment