Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's a Clear Day...I think

I have to wonder if my mind is regressing or progressing.  Things that bothered me terribly at one time no longer have much impact.  There was a time when derogatory comments from others would bring on serious introspection.  No more do I even give it a second thought. In fact, I'm not sure what comment brought that thought to the surface.  Clearly, it did not have the desired effect.

My housekeeping style has never been overly immaculate.  In earlier years, I panicked at the arrival of an unexpected visitor if my house was in flux.  My theory today, a welcome guest doesn't arrive to inspect my house, but to see the people within.  If that's not the case, that guest probably isn't  welcome regardless of the tidiness of the homeplace.  I clear the piles of projects in progress and stacks of unattended mail before a planned event, but frequent visitors don't even seem notice their presence.  Have I regressed into clutter?

My multi-tasking ability has stymied many.  I may appear to be procrastinating to some because I do not focus on a project until action is necessary.  Planning, making lists, discussing, accumulating data and repeating the process two or three times holds little satisfaction for me.  Long ago I discovered plans frequently change several times within the scope of dream to commitment to completion.  Seems like a waste of time that could be better spent with more urgent activity.  Colleagues have been known to bring in an army of helpers when I failed to display tangible evidence of commitment to the dream.  It took several years before I learned to tactfully explain that matters were well under control.  Even Ol' Abner has learned not to mention it, but move out of my way when the time comes for action.  I guess that could be called progress.

Today I am much more cognizant of how I feel about circumstances than what I think others may perceive.  I know what I like and what I want. No one can make it happen better than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment