Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bloom! NOT

I am tired.  Time to relax and refresh.  I might just sit in my back yard all day.  A sense of unrest keeps  gurgling to the surface.  Seeing daffodils peeking through the dirt and even popping into bloom in some places makes me sad that I planted no bulbs last fall.  In fact, not a single posie has been deposited into the earth in my new yard.  This is an abomination to my psyche.  Flower beds cannot be planned until that *!?*!!!%*%* building (or garage or shop or manly playhouse or whatever it will be) has been completed.  The lot is cleared of excess trees. Rocks have been unearthed and piled on the corner.  Stakes are inserted with twine stretched to connect the dots.  Now we await the blessing of city hall on the engineered slab design.   My vision for the final look of the back part of the yard seems to have been discarded.  I'm thinking I won't mention it again.  Function is more important than aesthetics, apparently.  I won't think about this today.  Maybe I better stay out of the back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment