Thursday, March 28, 2013

Grapevines and Wildflowers

A few days ago I set off on my annual quest for wildflower viewing.  It's a beautiful time of year in Central Texas.  The bluebonnets are just beginning to appear along the roadside and other blooms are peeking up in places.  Redbud trees are showing those signature pink blossoms and the hillsides are starting to turn green.
Well worth a ride down a country road.
 Texas wines are ever popular among my friends and family.  A vineyard I've only known via grocery store shelves is a short drive from our little town.  I couldn't resist following the road designated as the path to the winery.
Only the beginning of a lovely stop.

Redbuds are only in bloom for a few days each year. Better enjoy while I can.

Serene ponds in several places.

Vines are watched carefully to guide the growth for maximum
quality of fruit production.
I arrived in late morning, just in time for a lovely tour and a sampling of wonderful wines.  The staff was friendly and knowledgeable with the owners hosting warmly.
Maybe non-productive when making beverages,
 but oh so beautiful to my untrained eye!
The grounds were beautiful.  I was allowed to stroll the trails and snap photos at my leisure.

I liked it here!
 Wildflowers grew on the grounds and aging trees draped over creekbeds.  The rocky soil gives the entire area a rustic appeal with bits of color sprinkling the ground.  I will return to this beautiful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment