Sunday, October 21, 2012

Seasons

Autumn! Ahhh! Yes I love the cooler breezy days of autumn.  In the Texas hill country, falling leaves aren't much of a problem since the oaks here are mostly of the Live Oak variety and shed lightly year round.  I miss the spectacular views afforded by Ozark forests as they change to the fiery colors of fall.  Sitting on my screened porch watching the treetops or enjoying the morning sun from the treehouse with my first cup of coffee made this such a special season.  I wonder if Mountain Girl is over her cold and enjoying those beautiful moments as much as I did.  From my new windows, the outdoors look much like a summer morning.  The sun is bright and golfers and joggers are still wearing shorts as they make their way down my street.  A closer look reveals no apparent sweat.  It must be cooler outside.  A walk doesn't mean getting out at dawn to avoid heatstroke. Oh yes! Autumn is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment