Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pearls

This year Ol' Abner and I will celebrate our fortieth wedding anniversary. That is identified as the "pearl anniversary" with a gift of pearl being appropriate. Since I have owned a lovely strand of pearls for many years, that isn't on the list of possible special anniversary mementos. A delicate necklace bearing two small pearls was a part of one of my favorite designer's collections. He surprised me with that necklace at Christmas to celebrate our fortieth holiday season together.

Hints for a luxury vehicle in the pearl color finish have been side stepped just as were conversations for years regarding my choice for a new car. He can be creative with his gifting...or at times, downright obtuse! I guess I'll just have to wait and see where he lands with this one.

I have just over a month to find that perfect "pearl" for him. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment