Friday, January 20, 2012

Chirp, Chirp, Chill

Bluebirds and woodpeckers were everywhere yesterday as I walked through the wooded area or our little town.  Sightings of these early harbingers of spring made me smile.  Hopeful that warmer days couldn't be far away, I indulged in several hours outdoors.   Plants in the yard have been trimmed and watered.  Dead sprouts have been cut back or shredded.  My mood was sunny all day long.

Not so today.  Weather forecast listed cooler temperatures, but not this!  It's almost noon and the fog hasn't yet lifted.  At 33 degrees, weather app says it feels like 27.  I agree!  I thought maybe a walk would make me feel better, but opening the front door to the "outdoor refrigerator" was all the chill my aging bones would endure.

Hope those little bluebirds are faring better than this humble birdwatcher.  I guess I'll just stay inside and knit today.  Warm socks may be needed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment