Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Zoom

School is beginning everywhere, but nowhere as it was. Public schools and universities are hosted by teachers via zoom classes. Now there is a new noun or adjective. In the past zoom was used as a verb to denote moving something quickly(i.e. Cars were "zooming" by on the street). In the new context, it is a virtual meeting by internet from multiple locations. We will see multiple faces on a screen in an effort to share and learn during isolation. 

Just so you know, I find this method of meeting lacks a full experience for learning, visiting or sharing information. That could be the result of my inept technological ability, however I find grumbling on many fronts. Clearly I am not alone in my frustration.

I write this missive today in hope that months from today this period will be only a sad memory, reminding me that I was blessed to survive these weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment