Saturday, August 1, 2020

Scramble and Stop...Now Go...Not!

My technological skills are gone, not old and out of date, not rusty, not tired, just GONE! For nine months I have intermittently attempted to pair my camera to my phone. The divine little gadget that made my photo uploads such a joyful experience while traveling last summer took a devious dump in the fall. Every attempt to load those photos met with resistance. I'm sure you know the script. Update software, remove software and reload, check for adequate battery power, turn devices off, now turn them on. Nine months of frustration and I asked for help. DIL met me at the office yesterday and finally figured out the problem.  "Firmware" must be updated. Sounds simple enough, but cannot be done through my phone.  I need to connect to PC with my cables.  Oh those? Hmm, where are they? Found them this morning circa 6AM. Didn't need them after all. Update can be completed via the SD card in the camera. .

Were I to possess one iota of techno skill, all would be well.  I do not, and it is NOT. Reading instructions carefully, setting up a file to save uploaded update, finding said file and attempting to move the update exe file to it, trying to run the update from whatever file it now resides, trying to move it to SD card for loading in the camera,  try again. My PC now owns four maybe five copies of the update, my poor little camera still has not seen it!

In the midst of a pandemic, our world has ceased as once we knew it.  Taking the camera in to a camera store for assistance is not an option.  We have few options, or I should say very different options these days. I should probably be grateful that this is my only trauma. I am healthy and know very few people who have suffered with this vile disease.  After years of enjoying life with a masked man, I now proudly wear one as the perfect fashion accessory. I miss regular interaction with groups of friends, eating in restaurants, and live church services in person. I shall survive, my camera may not!

No comments:

Post a Comment