Thursday, January 16, 2014

Unwillingly Awake

I am not one to remain in bed when sleep has left me.  With a 2:30AM clock face staring at me , the best option seemed to be arise (not necessarily shine) for awhile.  A warm cup of herbal tea and a great book will almost always have me ready to nod off within minutes. After re-reading the pages of my latest thriller several times, I realized concentration was beyond me. A game of sudoku quickly stumped me, my tea cup is empty and I've switched to ice water.  Sleep still has not beckoned.  

A few minutes of quiet meditation, perhaps a bit of venting here, and I will again have a clear mind for blissful sleep.  Health issues seldom plague me, but family members suffer constant challenges.  With Pappy here, aging is constantly on my mind.  Ol' Abner fights to accomplish physical labor with the ever present oxygen bottle.  Daughter is dealing with aggressive diagnostic testing to determine the source of some strange symptoms.  Younger grand daughter is limiting some of her skating jumps due to ankle pain of questionable etiology.  A visit with my maker has brought some peace.

Now, if I can just figure out why my golf swing was so off yesterday, I might return to dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment