Monday, November 25, 2013

Not exactly newsworthy

It's cold outside, very cold for these hills.  My warm jammies feel so good and my bed was a nice nest this morning when the four legged critter decided twas time to awaken.  She likes to eat at five and again at five.  That has been her schedule since we discontinued the three per day feedings when she advanced from puppy chow.  Ol' Abner usually is awake in time for her breakfast, even though he crawls into his sleeping chair, turns on the TV and proceeds to snore away.  For some reason this morning, she seemed to think he would benefit from additional time between the sheets.  It didn't change her plan that breakfast was due, so here I sit with a warm cup of brew and a dog sleeping on my feet.

This would have been a great day to sleep late.  I was up well after midnight washing sheets for the room where Pappy will sleep while he is here and catching up on recorded episodes of some of my favorite shows.  The paper is out on the sidewalk and I'm wondering why we didn't teach this Laborador Retriever to retrieve the newspaper.  Oh well, I think someone told me not so long ago (referring to herself) "Suck it Up, Buttercup"!  I guess I'll suck it up and go retrieve my own daily news.

No comments:

Post a Comment