Monday, November 4, 2013

In Focus

It's amazing how a cloudy, misty, dreary day spent moping inside the house can bring life back into focus.  A planned tee-off on my favorite course was postponed, then cancelled due to a light intermittent rain.  The ringing phone brought unwelcome news of a young friend's illness. Ol' Abner's grumpiness was only exceeded by my own unrest.  Frustration over my surrender to sugar cravings, over and over and over again, cursing holiday treats and a new phobia of the scales topped off my morning!  A quick listen to an on-line inspiration from my favorite clergy and my day shifted into focus.  

Plans are in place to deliver a meal to friends preparing for a Wednesday morning surgery and meet family visiting from out of town to support them.  I must mail photo discs from a recent event and get something done with my shaggy nails.  Laundry must be caught up and bags packed for a trip South.  I'll leave Wednesday to spend a night with a much loved cousin. Dancing Girl and Guitar Man will return the same day to Houston from a weeklong visit with daughter.  Thursday, we'll have a fun girls day at the Nutcracker Market.  Ol' Abner assures me he can take himself to the dentist, and daughter-in-law says she knows others can be there for those in need while I am absent.  My Thursday golf buddy thinks it may rain that day and we can catch up next week.  

My spirit is revived and I've had no sugar since noon.  It's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment