Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Warming

Hill Country is absolutely beautiful this summer.  Today was very hot, but I love the feel of warmth on my face in the early morning and the heat later in the day.  As frustrating as my timing became, I still reveled in the summer heat.  My plan to go smack some golf balls at the driving range was derailed when Ol' Abner awoke and reminded me of morning errands we needed to run.  My thoughts had included them for a bit later, but off we went.  A stop at his favorite breakfast taco spot derailed my resolution to eat a light diet today.  As temperatures climbed, we traveled to the big warehouse store in my favorite shopping triangle, made our purchases and headed down the freeway toward home.  Seemed a waste to me that all my shops were bypassed.  Ol' Abner exited and turned back a few exits up the road and I thought maybe my shops weren't to be neglected, but alas, he was going back to the sporting goods store where he always needs something. Plants needed water when we returned home and again, I enjoyed the warm breeze my husband references as a "blast furnace"!  I finished a few housekeeping tasks, folded some laundry and considered an afternoon nap (as in lazy hazy days of summer)  The dog lay in the afternoon sun outside...she gets it.  Ol' Abner took a nap.  We left the house again to meet friends for an evening meal.  Hardtime Man will be the same age as Ol' Abner tomorrow.  We celebrated tonight at our favorite Italian Restaurant.  As we drove across the Ranch Road leading to our rendezvous, I noticed the beauty of the drive through the hills.  The sun, low in the sky, cast shadows and highlights on the landscape.  I wish everyone could view this as I do.  It's the place in the world that makes me love the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment