Saturday, June 1, 2013

FORE! well...not yet

A quiet week in our neighborhood has not been uneventful.  My decision to learn to golf has generated all sorts of excitement in Ol' Abner and several of our friends.  Lunch with a couple who golfs frequently led us on a ride to Academy where Rot'n girl could help me understand some of the equipment I might want.  I purchased a shirt with a collar, a visor, tees and shoes.  My Daisy Mae size feet wouldn't fit into the ladies shoes so the helpful sales person fitted me in men's golf shoes. It's been years since I could wear a size nine anything!  The next day we ventured over to Golf Ranch where I was fitted for clubs and bought a set for +1 ladies. (Yep, there I am, still in plus sizes)  I was told I could use either men's standard clubs or the extra length ladies clubs.  He suggested that as a beginner with no established swing and habits, a set of ladies clubs would better fit the flow of a female swing.  I think he was nicely telling me my upper anatomy wouldn't get in the way if I learned with correctly fitted clubs.  Ol' Abner has always used a little cruder way of explaining that.  After the club purchase, Ol' Abner decided we really did need the upgraded seats on our cart.  We stopped by the dealer on our way home and agreed to wait a couple of extra days to get the new cart, so red and black contoured seats can be added.

Yesterday we visited Rot'n Girl and HardTime Man's course where a pro was doing demo shots with Nike clubs.  Ol' Abner had suspected he needed to enhance his clubs with a new and better driver.  Within in a couple of swings he was driving two hundred yards with little effort.  They tell me that's pretty good.  I guess he's getting a new driver, but he wants to test a couple more before he makes his final decision.  He did enjoy sharing and hearing stories of a couple of his favorite pros.

No comments:

Post a Comment