Tuesday, February 5, 2013

and off I GO!

With the constant travel between homes interspersed with daytrips for medical visits, travel just for fun has been out of the question for the last couple of years.  It's all a memory now.  Wanderlust is coming out loudly!  I have my passport and I've booked my very first ever cruise!!! I'm riding the bluehair bus to the Indian Reservation with a friend later this month and a trip to the Pacific Northwest is well into the planning.

Ol' Abner is perfectly happy to stay in Central Texas and ride around on Harley Brown from time to time.  I want to go a little further and I don't really want to ride a Harley.  From this vantage, we can each indulge in the wanderlust that suits.  I will follow the herd of Harley riders in my cage and thrill at the beautiful hill country views without the wind in my face.  He will putter around the house and lunch with friends or son when I travel further, and we have a couple of road trips together planned.

Perhaps we have found the perfect mix of homebody/traveler formula!  It only took forty one years!


No comments:

Post a Comment