Thursday, August 23, 2012

Professionals!

The movers have delivered our treasures and gone.  The only trauma from this move was of my own making, or perhaps ignorance.  We hired professionals well trained in moving electronics and heavy but fragile furniture.  All the pieces of my favorite things were carefully removed and transported to the new house, with the plan to reset as directed.
Plasma TV 
The big television in the living room in Dogpatch was removed from the wall with all it's bolts carefully packed with the bracket.  My plan for the hill country house did not feature a wall hanging television.  Several times as he loaded our vehicles I reminded Ol' Abner to be sure to get the stand for the TV.  On my final pass through the house I noticed it sitting on the abandoned table in the living room and picked it up to wedge in a small space just the perfect fit in my fully loaded car.  On one of our telephone communications as we traveled he confessed that it had not crossed his mind until that very moment.  This proud supportive spouse assured him that I always have his back.  So much for pride of accomplishment.  I carefully packed the stand, but the supports for the television to attach it to the stand are still in Arkansas on top of the box holding the DVD player that didn't come.  Alas, the TV sits on the floor leaning against the sofa awaiting the critical component's arrival.  Guess I must rely on Son and Ol' Abner to have the expertise to mount the big television on its stand...next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment