Friday, June 29, 2012

Who stoppped the rain...oh wait, might have been me!

It would seem I've spent the last couple of years complaining about the volume of raindrops falling on this mountain.  My friends in Texas chastised me from time to time as they wished for just a bit of water on their parched landscape.  My griping has come back to haunt me.  We are experiencing a drought in the Ozarks unlike any since the dust bowl years.  The little pond around the corner with constant level of water has dried up completely.  The lake level is below pool and the anticipated spring rains were almost non-existent.  All my neighbors are complaining about the heat and dying plants.  Our morning walks have been earlier to avoid the heat.

The lesson learned here...be careful where you place your wishes, they just might come  true.  Now I hear myself wishing for rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment