Sunday, July 1, 2012

Resolution

Half the year is behind us!  That is rather hard to believe since I'm not so sure I ever finished 2011.  I'm ready for the whirlwind dust to settle in our life.  Maybe it's time to make a New Year's resolution, however late it may be.

It's time to stop looking back and move to the next stage of life.  Health issues will be ongoing for Ol' Abner.  He is working hard to overcome his challenges and I applaud his determination and resilience. My health is good and for that I am thankful.  I will continue efforts to strengthen my aging body and spirit.

The travels I had hoped to enjoy have been curtailed by other priorities.  Finding and getting established in another home have been time and dollar consuming.  We made the decision to return to Texas and the decision still feels very right.  That does not take away my longing to see far away places.  I love the Ozarks and their proximity to some of those destinations I wanted to visit.  These days, even our short trips are limited to medical visits to the state capitol.  Son and Daughter In Law are dreaming about a trip to Ireland in the next year or so.  I have urged them not to postpone when the opportunity presents.

For now, I will raise my resolve to look forward while taking satisfaction in the progress made to this point in the year.  My mind still wanders often to wonder "What if?", in more ways than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment