Thursday, April 30, 2009

Snort

I wonder if the old adage is true. "See a doctor & get meds for a cold and you will recover in about a week or let it run it's course and you'll be over it in seven days or so". Whether I use the term "Allergic Reaction" or "Cold" (which I've read is actually allergic rhinitis), this misery has lasted roughly five to six days. If counting began with the first sneeze, I'm almost well. Do OTC meds count as the doctor alternative or running the course? Diligently washing my hands, plenty of fluids, extra sleep, chicken soup and jello, have me feeling on the road to recovery. Impatience leaves little tolerance for the need to stop and blow my nose frequently, then allow the coughing urge to catapult me off for the bathroom before the bladder does it's version of a sneeze. It's spring and I have better things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment