Monday, April 6, 2009

From This Day Forward

I read somewhere (or maybe I heard it) that the older we get the harder it is to drop unwanted pounds. Why must I exhibit the verification of that theory???? After several weeks of careful eating with a little exercise (I know ten minutes every few days is NOT enough) no pounds are gone. Mind you I avoid the scale like the plaque since the set upstairs never ever agrees with the one downstairs and if you move either of them just a hair, the number varies even more. Thinking small changes might have the desired effect and yet observing not even a tiny affect on the fit of my jeans, my fears were confirmed at the obligatory stand on the scales at the doc's office last week. Yup..I gained two pounds in just over six weeks since the visit to my primary doc. Probably cannot blame it on the different scales...my mismatched gadgets at home comparitively are reaching the same conclusion.

Yesterday was spent in a flurry of activity to find homes for various clutter in my house...climbing and bending is exercise...right. Searched multiple cookbooks and the internet looking for a "steak oscar" recipe worthy of my effort, then veared off to the weight loss plans and reduced calorie recipes. Eventually decided to just steam the asparagus and serve it alongside a chicken dish with tortellini. Bernaise sauce seemed like a lot of trouble and I didn't have any tarragon vinegar or time to infuse any. Frustrated, I went to bed last night with a new resolution. I will right this gluttonous ship by writing down every bite in my mouth and keeping a diary of my daily exercise...three minuts of ladder climbing followed by two minutes burrowing to the back of the linen closet does not equal five minutes of exercise. Not sure who made that rule, but I am destined to follow it. Only bonifide stretch prefaced and steady movement exercise will reach the catalog. Cooking and recipe searches do not count either.

No comments:

Post a Comment