Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pig Dreams

I slept well last night. Dreams were very vivid. The lead character in my dream was in a storybook I was reading to some unknown children (wonder if the "unknown" is significant"). He was a crusty looking warthog wearing little round reading glasses. Can't really remember much more detail from the dream...they are elusive like that. No doubt though about the inspiration for my character. A day or two ago a neighbor and I were discussing one of the trophies in her husband's "Africa Room". He's a studious looking warthog (the trophy, not the husband) and I asked her if he had a name, to which she replied "No, but he probably should...I name everything else". Must've bothered me that the poor fellow didn't have a name because all that was particularly clear in my dream was Sir Wugsly Warthog as a daringly studious pig in the midst of other creatures without a care for knowledge. Miss Piggy, I am certain would be impressed with his clear insight into the pigish condition. I really must go find out if my neighbor has named her pig on the wall yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment