Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Walk!

Walking is a skill I’ve taken for granted as long as my memory stretches. At times I have mangled various parts of my lower extremities and needed the assistance of crutches. A few weeks ago I discovered my hamstring violently.  Never again will I assume that getting out of my seat and ambulating is a given. That muscle (using the singular lightly) surrounds the entire back of the leg wrapping like the string used to encase a large ham.  Recovering the strength in that muscle pack will be my current mission.  As my leg slowly returns to its natural color, the time spent sitting on an ice bag decreases exponentially.  Appreciation for the ability to simply stand up will be offered preceding my first steps every time.  Perhaps the count on my Fitbit will sparkle and congratulate me at the end of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment