Saturday, June 23, 2018

Texas Two Step

Two steps forward, one step back and repeat.   Possibly the simplest dance step ever, easily accomplished with little practice and music played in two four time with a firm beat. Anyone residing in Texas has had an opportunity to practice this dance often if exposed to nightlife in the Lone Star State.  I’m changing my version of the two step these days.  One  body part healed and two more mangled.  Icing a strained hamstring is no easy task, but standing from the discomfort of a sitting position makes my knees pop and groan. Steps moving forward are gingerly and seem to require a reverse two step...or maybe a shuffle. Most of my day is spent in slow motion.

My granddog is visiting this weekend.  Belle enjoys having another voice to sing for her supper...or breakfast.  My current state of mobility makes my movement slow and clumsy. I’m lucky that my bum wrist is healed well enough to wield a crutch to assist from my seat.  Speedy moves would please these pups, but they quickly get happy when their dinner bowls are filled and placed before them.

I attended the opening performance of “Oklahoma” last night at the Performing Arts Center of our local high school.  I know many of the players and was allowed to see a rehearsal, hearing many stories as the final product gelled! All their hard work was evident. Dancing Girl, Guitar Man, her cousin and I arrived in time to find our seats right next to a couple from their neighborhood. Yes hometown entertainment is the best!

Today, after sitting nearly three hours with only a short intermission, my hamstring is clearly in reverse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment