Sunday, June 19, 2016

Mobility...NOT!

I've suffered my way through crippling injuries before.  In fact I considered myself quite adept at maneuvering around on crutches.  That was probably thirty years in the past sans fifty pounds or so.  As I made my way around the house on crutches whining, a friend arrived with an amazing little scooter.  It rolls nicely and has a gentle hand brake.  
I named her Zelda Green
A handy little basket adorns the handle-bar that can be adjusted to accommodate my overly generous height. I made a trail around the living room when she first arrived only to feel the pressure in my fractured fibula.  I seemed wise to ask for my physician's advice.  He recommended that I give it a couple of weeks or until the pressure through my cast wasn't painful. It's three days shy of three weeks and it still hurts to rest my leg on Zelda Green's little seat.  I still find crutches awkward, and the dog avoids my path.  I am counting the days until my bulky green fiber glass cast can be split and removed. Meanwhile I have lost my entire month of 
June.  Maybe I won't sleep much in July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment