Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New

It will be a brand new year when we awake tomorrow.  I think I'm ready for some new. We've had many new experiences this year, but I can't really brag that it's been much fun.  Ol' Abner has a gently used "new" lung.  While it's wonderful to know that his life has been extended through the blessing of transplant, someone's loved one saw the end of life to allow his gift. That sobering knowledge makes us ever more respectful and willing to jump through the hoops necessary to keep that lung healthy and thriving. 

Enough said about that weighty responsibility.  This year we finished the new playhouse, we lived in Houston (not a new experience) and found some new eating places there.  Ol' Abner finally talked me into a new car, and he bought a couple of not so new ones.  We met some wonderful people this year and those new friends are feeling like old friends already. 

Having always subscribed to the practice that insurance purchased and never needed was a better option than needing it once and not having it, we found ourselves needing to choose new health insurance plans. Maneuvering through the website, holding for hours on end to talk to a real person, then dealing with the issue of the name (names) my dear mother placed on my birth certificate but seldom used! Today I think I can say, all needed coverage has been added to our portfolio. Of course, today is the absolute deadline.  For once I really wanted to finish the process early, but "early time" was truly wasted in frustration. Perhaps I'll let Ol' Abner sort through the coverage for all our dependents with wheels attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment