Saturday, November 19, 2011

Boots for walking

Last spring during one of those necessary closet clean out moments, I donated some my boots to the Salvation Army and the rest were so well worn, they had to be donated to the land fill. As temperatures began to drop, absence of boots in the closet reached a point of urgency. I searched the internet and considered purchasing on-line. With my Daisy Mae size feet, shoes and boots should always be tried before purchase. Luckily I returned to sanity before embarking on buying, trying and reboxing for return...or adding to next years donation pile.

My taste in boots has progressed from over the calf leathers with very high heels to a more sedate simple smooth foot with sturdy low heels. No need for the tall uppers since I seldom wear skirts and certainly don't need to tuck in my pants legs. On one of Ol' Abner's recent medical visits to the city, I made a wicked little detour to my favorite shoe outlet to try on some of the footwear previously drooled over on the website. Of course I forgot to print off the coupon from the website. After traipsing around the store wearing one of my selections, I opted to purchase one pair and order a second in the other color on line with the coupon. Now the coupon has expired and the color that was in stock during my visit is back ordered in my size and color. When will I learn to buy when I know I want it? That's probably a lesson already learned...Salvation Army has a store full of proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment