Saturday, November 27, 2010

It might just be time to start a new quilt. With a couple already in progess, I should finish those before embarking on another patchwork mapping. My thoughts don't always complete one foray before delving deep into another. The brain is locking into a pattern and color mix that may require action soon. Winter is, after all, quilting and knitting season. A need to attach small scraps of fabric together to form a more perfect union and embellish them with bits of yarn or thread often hits my psychic imbalance when the weather turns chilly. Purple and green are dancing in my mind with light to darker shades spinning in a colorful array. Fabrics purchased or saved in those hues have lurked in plastic bins stashed away in the basement for several years. Last night I dreamed of touching each piece as I cut the shapes for the quilt that seems to be calling me. In the same dream I was in a city that I recognized but could not name. I awoke knowing the city was familiar, yet not sure when I had been there. The thought of attaching the fabric pieces together gave me a surreal sense of comfort. If I make the quilt, will it show me the way to the mystery town? When I can identify the city, will I still need to sew the quilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment