Friday, September 10, 2010

September Eleventh

This is the ninth anniversary of the worst terrorist attack ever inflicted on our nation. It is also my oldest maternal uncle's eightieth birthday. Uncle's mother, my grandmother, would have celebrated her 101st birthday today. A good friend and co-worker will always know that her birthday is easily remembered by all who knew her then. Nine eleven, as we often shortcut the day's description, has had a profound effect on my life. I rejoice in the existence of those born on this day while mourning the loss of the many whose lives ended so suddenly in 2001. For now I offer a prayer of thanks in the hope that Grandma will be eavesdropping. I will call Uncle Vic because he means so much to me and I have the need to tell him. I'll drop a note to Sandy wishing her the best of days. The newspapers and television coverage will continue the marathon commemoration of our national tragedy. I am grateful that I have so much to celebrate today!

No comments:

Post a Comment