Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Morning

Not generally a morning person, I am shocked that the bed lost it's pleasant comfort prior to 5AM this morning and yesterday too. Wondering if this is one of those stages when the circadium rhythm is rebalancing in my universe or maybe the brain is just running circles around the aging body. Conversations this week with four people from various stages of my past have stirred up the nostalgia while allowing such unexplainable joy from good memories. Late night musings of "remember....." and "what were we thinking..." and "did you know" and even a few "what ifs" and "might have been" comments brought in the laughter. Watching parents age and their memories fade adds even more value to these moments. My plan is to drift into the late years of my life in a state of being "pleasantly addled". Does that mean these treasured visits will no longer be possible? I have to wonder if more recent friendships will ever reach the richness of those from my teens, twenties, thirty-somethings, and forties. See what happens when I don't indulge in my deep sleep well after the sunrise? Who can sleep with all these delicious memories swirling through the mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment