Thursday, February 19, 2009

Uphill

I do like to find ways to improve my circumstance. My biggest issue lately has evolved into a daily struggle to determine which part of my happy place will I tackle today. Good health is something I have always taken for granted. I would like to continue to do so. My doctor seems determined to find something wrong with me just because I am of a certain age. All the tests he insists I undergo "just as a screening" continue to be unremarkable. OK, so what is the obsession for testing away the remaining good days of my life? I am overweight and he seems totally unconcerned about that. My theory is that his strategy is totally in reverse. If he could just find some disease plagueing me, then he could blame excessive weight as the cause of the ailment. Since nothing has turned up in the many wasted days of my life, he just "hmmmm"s when I complain about my aching knees and allergies. A baby aspirin daily he thinks would prevent possible stroke or heart attack, calcium at night wouldn't hurt...but my bone density is fine, fish oil with each meal might keep my HDL cholesterol from moving uphill and he will be in touch when additional tests have been scheduled. Seems like we did all this a year ago..and oh yeh, he wants to see me in six months. Maybe today I will start a weight loss plan of better food choices and exercise. Don't know if he will notice...but I am sure he will find a new diagnostic test to ascertain the cause of anything he doesn't see.

No comments:

Post a Comment