Tuesday, July 30, 2024

MATTER

 There will come a time when nothing said seems to be heard or matters if coming from my mouth. Perhaps it is time to face irrelevance of the old girl’s opinions. Oh wait! I have joined the elderly girl stage. Somehow I thought a wide array of experiences might be of value. In fact I have been told often that a comment or observation, offered in casual friendly conversation, was offensive to someone I barely knew. I do believe words matter, especially in the presence of small children. I sometimes bring self deprecating descriptions into light conversation. I must learn to remain silent in a group, or keep my thoughts to myself. Wisdom is not a skill necessarily noticed with age. 

My mother pointed out as she approached her maturity “If I don’t mind, you can’t make it matter”!

I suppose what really matters is attitude. Mine is hard to hide!

No comments:

Post a Comment